Re: Using a TV as a PC monitor

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Using a TV as a PC monitor
  • From: "Harrison, Mark (Alliance)" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:47:37 -0000

Alex,

Depends on the SCART implemntation, which specifies what pins _can_ be
used for, but doesn't require them all to be implemented.

If you're lucky, the the SCART socket on your VCR will function as an
input connector (some VCRs only have SCARTS as output connectors.) One
of the SCART pins is a composite video (I can look up the pinout tonight
if no-one else comes up with the number today).

You should be able to get a card to output composite video on a standard
phono socket, you can then wire a cable through from a SCART plug to a
phono plug with only the composite video pin wired.

Regards,

Mark Harrison
European IT Manager, BP/Bovis Alliance
Tel: +44 181 869 1439