Home Automation in the UK

  • To: "'UKHA List'" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Home Automation in the UK
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 21:52:00 +0100

Hi All,

>From the recent flurry of activity on this list it seems that there are
several of us
designing our own systems due to the high cost or non availability of
commercial
products. It also seems that there is a certain amount of duplication with
2 or 3
people developing almost identical lighting systems etc.

It would be great if we could all pool ideas and come up with a set of
"UKHA standards"
which could either be based on existing commercial products or be tailored
to the
UK/European market.

The biggest stumbling block is CE approval if we were to come up with
marketable
products, but if the results of the joint effort were available only to
dedicated enthusiasts
who understand the safety issues and were building the equipment
themselves, I dont
think that any of us would be worried by the fact that it was
"Unapproved".

Comments/suggestions please

Keith
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith