RE: [KAT5] RF2Link

  • Subject: RE: [KAT5] RF2Link
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <kat5users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:54:44 +0100

Hi Stuart

> Following onto this, would it be possible to have BOTH the IR wand
> and the RF2link connected, by using a jack plug splitter?  The
> RF2Link would control Sky+ and the emitter controling a scart
> switcher box.  Taking it even further, how many emitters could be
> connected in this way??  Ie TWO emitters and an RF2Link?

Not easily. The IR emitters do not contain a current limiting resistor, the
resistor is inside the KAT5 unit putting two devices in parallel would
probably result in one of them hogging all the current.

You could probably use two emitters or an emitter + RF2 link if each was
fed
via a 100 ohm resistor but it isnt something I have tried so cant guarantee
the results.

Frank McAlinden's FirM Jr. is fully compatable with KAT5 so can be used to
drive multiple LED's.

Regards