Latest message you have seen: [KAT5] End of an era

Re: Use of same cable for Video and computer

  • Subject: Re: Use of same cable for Video and computer
  • From: Doogie Brodie
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 12:10:00 +0000

tonydenson wrote:

> As a follow up to my original question, what's involved in manually
> switching a single cable between a LAN and KAT5 ? Basically, it's a
> connector issue, do you do something suitable ?

This was posted to the UKHA_D list the other day:-
5Fid=253984</a>

It *looks* like it'd to the trick, as it *looks* like a dumb mechanical
pin to pin switch with nothing clever in it, but please check data
sheets/ user reviews/ a sample (they're only about a fiver!) before
buying in quantity!

If you do try one, please report results back here! :-)

--
Doogie