Latest message you have seen: Re: [KAT5] KAT5 RGB Units for Sale

KAT5 Switcher Backwards Compatibility

  • Subject: KAT5 Switcher Backwards Compatibility
  • From: Elliott, Phil P SUKOP-UOIT/31
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:09:00 +0000

Hello Keith

I don't own any KAT5 equipment yet because I am waiting for the switcher
and had
given myself the impression that if I buy a load of transmitters and
receivers
now some of them will be obsolete when the switcher is available.

If I buy terminated receivers so I can daisy chain to a single transmitter
will
these become obsolete with the switcher because it can handle all the
sharing of
input sources?

Can you also confirm if the transmitters and receivers that you currently
ship
support IR.

Regards

Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott
Computer Consultant
Shell U.K. Oil Products Limited
Delta House, Wavell Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester M22 5SB, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 161 499 8449
Fax: +44 161 499 4227
Mob: +44 7703 258038