Latest message you have seen: Re: [KAT5] kat5 RGB fails IR with component

Re: Availability

  • Subject: Re: Availability
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:39:00 +0000

Quoting Tom Bishop <<a
href="/group/kat5-users/post?postID=As0Fdz6cKTvqeeYk1-NQz_TExuCG7zoig-PYmiM-d6T1sqZB1r1Qwlj0hiVEsxvWF2-QUtTBw4W4-6A9">tpbishop@e...</a>>:

> As an interested customer in the United States, is there a way
> to get these products purchased and delivered in the US? I
> noticed the prices are listed in UK currency, and I'm wondering
> if this is an intent to limit distribution.
> Thanks,
> Tom

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the KAT5 list.

There is a simple reason why the prices are in UK currency.

KAT5 is built in the UK and my bank account is in UK currency :-)

Whilst there is no deliberate attempt to limit KAT5 to the UK (there are
currently about 10 sets in use in other countries as far away as Australia)
should point out that the standard connector used on KAT5 is the European
SCART
connector.

I can supply an adapter that will enable RCA Jacks and MiniDin S-Video
connectors to be used but this obviously adds to the cost.

Previous enquiries from the USA resulted in people saying that it worked
out
too expensive due to currency conversions ( there was a double conversion
for
me converting the price into US dollars and then Paypal converting it back
UKP to credit my bank account, I also had to factor in a safety margin to
account for variable exchange rates).

Paypal now offers an option to pay in Pounds Sterling so there is only a
single
conversion at your end and I dont have to factor that in to the invoice
total.

You would have to supply your own power supplies as I am unable to supply
US
style 120v Wall Warts. If you are interested in purchasing KAT5 units then
please follow the links on the products page on www.kat5.tv

Hope that helps

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk