Latest message you have seen: RE: [KAT5] IR Emitters

Linn Classik / KAT5

  • Subject: Linn Classik / KAT5
  • From: nickt@xxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:08:00 +0000

Am very pleased to report that the newly purchased Linn hifi works
extremely well with KAT5 modules. On the back of it there are 4 RJ45
sockets each with 2 channel audio balanced line outputs, so easy
connection via a custom wired patch lead and CAT5 to 4 secondary
rooms (possibly more with daisy chaining?). The signal was converted
with absolutely no discernable distortion by a KAT5 RX module. Did
have one shock, when I reconnected it up later, there was a signal
but that was only barely heard over the mains hum. I must confess it
took more time than it should have done to realise I hadn't plugged
the KAT5 power supply in! (After that it was crystal clear again). It
was instructive to me, however, of how effective KAT5 technology is
in eliminating induced hum. Well done Keith.
There's also an RJ45 input for balanced line on the back, but I
didn't get to check this out...
Oh, and by the way the audio quality from the Linn is top-notch.
Keith, if you could quote me on the audio KAT5's - you might get
another order!
All the best
Nick

--- In kat5-users@y..., "Keith Doxey" <kat5users@d...>