RE: Front End for Touch Screen PC

Hi Ben,

You can get a quite nice graphic display of local weather using
James's xAP Weather already . Just run the application and set your local
weather station 'code'. The nice bit is all the weather info also goes out
as xAP messages to your other xAP applications but in this example you're
just using the window to see the icons and values for temp, wind speed,
pressure etc. This display is updated often (configurable) to show the
latest readings available throughout the day. Different weather stations
provide different data and update frequencies.

I have posted a small pic of the current weather here in Yorkshire
http://tinyurl.com/26fet - some
weather info doesn't show in the graphic due
to the scroll bar position. As you can see we have lovely sunshine and just
a couple of clouds  !

A digital clock would be really easy to do with xAP using xAP Watcher or
similar too. Or caller ID perhaps ?

Kevin

Whilst I typed this the weather improved - now one cloud which is right on
the button looking out of my window ! http://tinyurl.com/2x47l

James' website  www.mi4.biz

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx