From: Dan Khan
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 3:06 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] OT: Wake-On-LAN

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the OT, but I need a little help with my new spacewalker box, which by the way, is incredibly sexy and very small :)

Anyone know how (and if it's possible) to power up the machine from standby (i.e. Wake-on-LAN), when anyone tries to access the machine via LAN, without first having to fire a magic packet to it? (The netcard does support WOL)

I want to be able to power the machine down (automatically after non-use), but start it back up when someone wants to use it remotely.  Playing around with the BIOS on this new box allows it to be turned on at a preset time each day, so it could turn itself on at 8am every morning for example, then standby after 30mins inactivity, etc.

Any help?

Regards,
-Dan

Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx