Re: Occupancy PIR detectors - reply

You don't have to turn the lights or heating off completely, I dim down the lights when no movement is detected then turn them off fully when the alarm sets to go to bed, same could be done with the heating.

Alancc.

These PIRs are excellent, however they're not the total answer to the 'holy grail' of true occupancy detection.  They will tell you if a room is occupied with (slightly) active person/people but I'm not sure if they would trigger if you fell asleep on the sofa watching TV - I think I'd be scared if I woke up cold and in the dark! :o)

<<In many ways this is a good thing ... My main need is more movement than occupancy anyway. If you fall asleep and the lights go out then not a problem … as soon as you wake up and move they’ll come on again! Heating going off is a more serious problem of course!>>

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx