Latest message you have seen: Archive? Gone?

Re: LCD Displays

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: LCD Displays
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 12:22:36 -0000

Could be a number of things. LCD technology was pretty new stuff 20
years ago so it might just have reached the end of its life. I
remember reading that LCD had a life of 100,000 hours. That would be
about 11.4 years continuous use.

Are they custom displays or standard ones.

Early LCD's needed multiple voltages to drive them, all new ones are
5V only. The same is true of VFD displays. I was looking at some in
the Farnell catalogue that can be plugged in instead of an LCD as
they are pin compatable and use the same codes. (Bloody expensive
though!)

Keith

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Tracey Gardner" <tracey.gardner@n...>