Latest message you have seen: Two way distribution

Kinda OT: W2K server start probs

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Kinda OT: W2K server start probs
  • From: "John Hill" <jhill1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:12:18 -0000

Title: Kinda OT: W2K server start probs

It's only sort of OT as use this machine to run HS as well.

The problem I keep getting is on machine start up, a message saying one or more services or drivers failed.
When I look at the event viewer, it shows one for eventlog( event 6006), and 2 errors relating to Service Control Manager (event 7022).

When the machine was built at Phil's place we had this after loading the Lynksys config utils. But these are not loaded anymore since (a pre linksys image was reloaded using Ghost).

I have been using the machine for a while now, and this problem doesn't seem to occur until several days usage have passed. When It does start it remains until I use Ghost to reload the disk image again, and carry on round & round the same old circle.

I've tried loading any combination of software to see if it is anything in particular that triggers this, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Anyone out there (in here) have any suggestions what it might be?

cheers

John

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx